Friday, December 08, 2006

Poor week of training

I spent the week in Austin, TX for work. Temps ranged from about 38* to 85* which was much warmer than home. That said, I only got two runs in for about 7 miles.

1) I hate running on the road when I don't know where I am running.

2) I hate running from hotels that are not near parks, trails, or running paths. I don't feel safe on the streets with traffic and not know where I am going.

3) I hate running where I don't feel safe and know what kind of neighborhoods I am running through.

4) I hate being in meetings all day and then running after dark with the above conditions.

I will get runs in tomorrow and Sunday at home and then get back to my normal mileage next week.

The strangest thing about this is I love running in the dark at home where I know I am going. . . But on the road, I am afraid of getting lost, hitting a tree branch (happened this week!), getting hit by a car, etc.

No comments: