Sunday, January 06, 2013

Sore Back and Tired

(Note:  Originally wrote this on 1/4/2013)


I woke up yesterday morning with a sore back.  Thanks to the recent medical studies on NSAIDs not being good for athletes training, I was reluctant to take anything.  I ended up taking two so I could get to work.  Last night after work, my back felt fine and I decided to try to get in my 6 miles.  I felt dead tired.  No sore spots, legs were not “heavy” but entire body did not want to move.  I could not hold a constant pace, too fast, too slow, mostly too slow.  I needed walk breaks about every mile.  I only got 4.1 miles in before heading for the showers.  

This morning, I had the back pain back.  Now, I rarely have back pain, so two mornings in a row is strange.  It seems to be located below my right shoulder blade.  So, I will see if I can get 5-7 of my scheduled 5 miles in after work.  

No comments: