Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sporthill Running Clothing

Scheels' Running Club tonight had in the SportHill rep (TJ) to talk about their clothing. I owned one 1/4zip shirt and liked it, but had not looked closely at the rest of their line. Boy, was I missing some great running clothing!

1) Pursuit II top -- Front material (3SP) is windproof to 35mph. TJ used a windmeter and a blow-dryer to demonstrate. The output from the blowdryer measured about 37mph, he then put the front cloth of the jacket between the blow-dryer and the windmeter. The new measurement was between 0.6 and 1.4mph; the tiny blades of the windmeter barely moved. This is a soft and comfortable fabric that blocks the wind, but allows freedom of movement. the back of the two-tone jacket is a wicking and breathable material that is less windproof to prevent over-heating.

2) XC Pant -- Same great windstopping material (3SP). A pair of these came home with me and I will report more after I run in them! They are a soft pant that is designed to fit slightly loose, and provide warmth for Zone 3 (0* to 40*) running and XC skiing.

3) 3SP Mitten -- Again, a "thin" and comfortable mitten that is made with the wind-stopping 3SP fabric. I have to admit, I looked at these gloves two weeks ago and thought they would not be warm enough. Now that I have seen how the 3SP fabric performs, I added a pair to my running bag.

There are alot of great styles in the SportHill line. Check them out for yourself. I was surprised and pleased with what I found and I expect I will be adding more pieces to help me stay warm this winter.

No comments: