Thursday, November 02, 2006

Wind testing shoes

A good friend showed me how to test jackets and pants for wind resistance: hold your hand inside the fabric and blow hard on the outside and see if you can feel it come through. Great idea; that's how I selected my wind pants and jacket and I can tell you after running twice this week with windchills in the teens, it works. But I never thought to do it with my shoes. . .

I purchased two new pairs of shoes in Oct. and I have been working on breaking them in for running. I wore one pair on Monday for general walking. The minute I got outside in the wind, my toes were instantly frozen. The mesh over the toebox looks like these will be a great shoe for summer running; but for now, they are banished to the treadmill.

Like work and life, it is always the thousands of details that you have to learn and remember!

No comments: