Thursday, August 17, 2006

I hate Nike?

Tough for me to say this, but I hate my Nike Air Max 360 running shoes. They look so cool and they kill my feet!!!! The eyeletts don't really support alternative lacing techniques and they are tight around the midpoint of my foot. I originally looked at them because they were supposed to be for moderate to high arches. I had a sales expert fit me, and they felt fine in the store. But around 2.5 to 3 miles, they start getting real uncomfortable. . .

I am going to try different sox in them tonight and see what happens. I really want them to start feeling good. I have worn Nike for years: basketball, cross trainers, hikers, baseball umpiring, and everyday wear. But now that I have started running, they are uncomfortable!

On another note, I already need to get some Long-sleeve gear. I ran last Sunday and it was mid-60's and rainy. I was cold in just a SS-Coolmax top. Saturday morning should be in the 50's at 6am with a high only in the mid 70's. It is time to start thinking about fall and I don't want to get too cold; past experience with umpiring tells me that is the quick path to discomfort and injury.

No comments: