Wednesday, August 23, 2006

"Your Life's Foundation is becoming Strong"

Travleled for work this week in my first multiple day trip since I started running. It was a partial success / partial failure.

Bad:

  • Drove 4 hours Sunday night in cooling weather after running 7 miles in the morning. By the time I arrived at my destination, I could hardly walk. . .

  • I spent too long in class rooms and meetings with my legs tightening up. Needed to get out and walk/stretch!

  • Meetings had catered in lunches and they were not nurtitionally friendly to my plan.

  • Never sleep well while on the road and felt it in my recovery rates. . .

  • Pulled a muscle in my left shoulder and it hurts when I turn my head; like the way that I needed to avoid accidents while changing lanes or merging in during Minneapolis traffic!

  • Ended up eating late on Monday (9:30pm), eating poor on Monday (Old Chicago) and missing breakfast on Tuesday and not doing well because of it. Gained 1.5#.


  • Good:

  • Got to run in a new area (Minnihaha Falls park) with lots of trees and some hills.

  • Bought a "Stick" and a pair of Race Ready shorts.

  • Discovered PF Changs


  • PF Changs had 141 employees participate with Team-in-Training at the Rock-n-Roll Arizona Marathon and has donated over $813,000 via the Team-in-Training program. They also have a special page of their menu called "Training Table" in which they promote Team-in-Training and have 13 special entrees designed by runners for runners with nutrition statistics and information. I had the Vegitable Chow Fun (440 Cal, 10g Protein, 100g Carbs, 2g Fat, 0 SatFat.) and it was fantastic. I have a new favorite place and I will be dragging friends and family there.

    Anyway, the title of this post was my fortune in the fortune cookie at PF Changs -- way too cool!!!!

    That's why I run!!!!!!!

    ORN

    Sunday 7mi LSD, Monday approx 2mi LSD, Tues rest, Wed 2.07mi LSD.

    No comments: