Sunday, August 13, 2006

Outdoor running

I started on the treadmill at work because I could slip in 1.5 to 3 miles during my lunch break and get back to work. I found I liked the treadmill because I could set a constant pace, easily see my heart rate, controlled environment, and lower impact than pavement. But I have realized in the last couple of days that I really enjoy running outside. My pace is less consistent, but I am looking at something other than the TV's or mirrors on the wall.

Of course, I am also subject to weather. Friday night was hot and sunny, today is cold and rainy. The only thing that worries me about today is trail running and an injury. I have not "sprung" for a pair of trail running shoes and I am concerned that I will hit some mud, slip, and injure myself. After all, I am a klutz on dry, level, ground. :)

ORN -- Fri 4.23 mile LSD in 82* sun with 15-25mph wind; Saturday Rest.

No comments: