Saturday, September 16, 2006

Dunton Locks County Park Trail Run

Alternatively known as "fun day with ducks!" Based on Kate Havelin's "Minnesota Running Trails" book, I decided to run Dunton Locks today. Despite the claim on page 129 that there are "A few pleasant inclines", I found the hills to be quite steep. But they were also quite beautiful and I enjoyed my time, even if I had to carefully walk down some hills to avoid bad slips on the ground slick with last night'a rain. It is a very peaceful place and I certainly enjoyed the runs. I ended up doing about 4 miles on the new trail shoes and they felt very good. Ankle was tight, toe box had room, didn't grip my instep too tight and had a good grip on the ground. Relaxing day.

Definately needed it when I found out the Notre Dame football score; wanted to turn around and go run some more. . .

No comments: