Thursday, September 21, 2006

LCD (Long Cold Distance)

Scheels running club tonight. Temperature started about 58* and was dropping. It started drizzling before the start and progressed to a steady cold rain. My GPS took a long time to synch up with satelites; I stood in the rain and got cold! It asked if I had "moved hundreds of miles since my last use?" Austin to Fargo qualifies; it was literally "North by Northwest." The cold rain meant the GPS would not maintain its satellite lock. I reran the same route as last week. When I finished, the GPS said I had done 33 miles(rather than the 4.17 it measured last week). Manual calculation of pace suggests the 4.17 is correct, I certainly was not turning 43 second miles that the GPS claimed. :)

Very cold and wet when done. I bit of problems keeping my wet shoes tied and a bit of stiffness in my left hip. Shoes are on the new shoe dryer so they are ready for tomorrow and I am hoping that the rain stops in time for a nice evening run before I have to head into the office for an all-night install.

Other running note. Forcast is for 50*'s and rain on Saturday afternoon, but the "Bridge Bash" 2.62 mile fun run/walk looks like it will be fun and worth checking out.

No comments: