Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Furstration-- partially fixed. . .

It was a long weekend at the office. I was doing a systems upgrade and had multiple problems that could not have been anticipated or avoided. But it still meant that I worked alot more hours than I planned and did not get a Sunday run in.

Yesterday, I screwed up eating and Paige had to work. So it got to be dark, I was REALLY hungry, I still had work to do at the office, and Cooper was falling asleep in my lap while I was trying to get the work done. No run.

Also, I have been sore in my sides (oblique muscles) due to lengthening of my stride as I have picked up speed and hills.

This all amounts to a large level of frustration and worry with no outlett. Add in some more work related angst, and I was ready for a run. I had a great chance to slip out of work early and get a run in, and it evaporated (replaced my more work stress and frustration).

So, I dropped Cooper off at a drop-in day care for an hour and went for a run. I went to a park near our place and ran once around the park on the grass. It turned out to be only 0.8mile. Given that I wanted about four miles, I decided against five loops and branched the second loop out into the neighborhoods, returning to finish in the park. Very little side pain.

Then it was back to pick up Coop-a-loop and off to Buffalo Wild Wings where he ate very well (growing boy), and I had a nice salad. We watched a bit of the Mn Twins game on the big screen and then home for PJ's and bed.

Nice night.

Paige is right; I do need to do some core strengthening with weights and perhaps a balance ball to avoid the back and side pain. . . Working on a plan for that AFTER I get back from a one-day trip to Denver for work, the race Saturday, the family reunion this weekend, and finish the upgrade at work.

No comments: