Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Good -- Ran 10 miles on Sunday. Felt really good. Carried two 7.5oz bottles of water with me. Stopped around the 6 mile mark and refilled them with gatorade. Heart rate was in the zone! Felt pretty good. Went grocery shopping on the way home to keep the legs stretched out with walking. Then went to Rollag (Western Minnesota Steam Thresher's Reunion) and lots of walkig in the afternoon. Heading back to the car, the busses were full so I even jogged the 3/4 mile back with my camera backpack on and arrived BEFORE the bus.

Bad -- Or at least not great -- ran 2 miles on Monday morning with more grocery shopping and then made breakfast for Mom, Dad, Jamie, Eric, and all the boys (Paige refused to eat my breakfast. . .). Second mile splits were slower than the first mile; my legs were tired. Heart rate was actually low, but the legs just refused to turn over at pace. Not sore, not painful, just slow. Felt like I was maintaining pace, and then looked down at GPS and I was slooooow. Picked it up, got to pace, felt OK, looked down two minutes later and I was slooooow. Just could not force my legs to stay at pace. Goal of day was recovery miles at a slow pace, but I could not even keep that pace up. . .

Ugly -- After the Run on Monday, I did some shopping, drove about an hour, did a quick photo shoot, and then drove home. On the drive home, my left foot really started aching. It is better without a shoe and I can massage it out. But with a shoe on, it is pretty sore to walk on. I have a race this week and I am a bit paranoid about injury. I have felt great up to now in my new running plan; I don't want to miss any time or spend the next couple of months in pain and recovery.

Rough schedule this week with the funeral, the race, and trying to get everything else done. I will keep you informed.

No comments: