Friday, September 01, 2006

I hate elipticals

Maybe I am just weird. Maybe I am just a klutz. Or maybe I am just really really uncoordinated. I don't like elipticals. I swear, my knees hurt worse after a couple of minutes on these than after an hour of running.

Ok, here is where I get off track. I used to umpire baseball. One of the wonderful things in baseball is the Balk rule. And one of the more wonderful parts of the balk rule is the part that says the pitcher must come to a discernable stop. In MLB rules, a "change of direction" is not considered a discernable stope; in NCAA college rules it is. So umpire manuals (and umpire/coach chats -- you know, the friendly exchange of views that usually result in ejections, dirt kicking, hat throwing, "spraying" while swearing, etc.) frequently discuss if a change of direction is a stop.

Elipticals seem to have the same discussion: "There is no impact because their is no stop." While, I will tell you that my body (and weight) is moving forward and then there is a change of direction. It may not be an "impact", but the range of motion definately is not comfortable to my knees.

Give me either a bike or a treadmill any day. Save me from the elipticals and I will be a happy runner!

JMHO

YMMV

IRDKWATSLCMIJPTHTSTEHFSM



The last one means: "I really don't know what all these stupid letter combos mean, I just put them here to stop the elipical huggers from spamming me!"

No comments: