Friday, October 13, 2006

Eating bad???

I read lots of statements about good eating v. poor eating, but of course, despite my size, thought they didn't apply to me. I have never "felt bad" when I was eating less than perfect, and I had not realized the postive effects of my change to better eating because they came at the same time as I started running. Well, this week proved me wrong!

I had some upgrades at work, so I have been doing long hours and overnighters. The weekend was very disruptive to my schedule. This week, I ended up cancelling my vacation and working to make sure the problems were resolved. Also, I had not been available for the last grocery store trip and didn't leave a list, so I was out of fresh fruit at home. I was tired, stressed, and ended up eating poor, especially on all-day Monday and lunch Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon I finally got away for a treadmill run. I only got in about 2.5 miles and felt like crap. Wednesday, I left work early, went and bought some fruit and veggies and got a nap. By Thursday night, I felt MUCH better and my run showed it.

OK, I admit that this is probably an admission that I am both human and stubborn. But I now see the light! Salads and fruit with a lot less salt, fat, and meat.

No comments: