Tuesday, November 06, 2012

New Shoes

I was looking at the miles on my shoes, the wear patterns, the weather forecast this week, and the inventory of my “supplier” and decided I needed another pair of running shoes.  

Picked up a pair of Saucony ProGrid Triumph 9 in White and Lime Green.  For those of you that have seen me actually running recently, yes, this is the same as my current pair.  I have been in Saucony for 98% of my running since 1996, and this is the model that is best for me.  It was the last pair in my size and I did not want to be stuck with no shoes in a couple of weeks when my current pair needed retiring.  This also lets me designate the old pair for wet running and the new pair for track.

I also got a pair of the Saucony Kinvara 3.  They are a lightweight racing flat for 5K/10K running.  I do not plan to wear them for training except an initial break-in and will wear them Saturday if I get a respite from the weather god’s threatening rain.  I held one pair in each hand and they are not even CLOSE in weight.  

No comments: