Saturday, November 24, 2012

Week 47 -- 11/18/2012 Recap

Here were my weekly goals and the results:

1) Stay Motivated -- Done
2) Run my plan -- 24miles -- Plan got upped to 26 miles as I reworked my spring 2013 marathon plan and what I needed to get ready for it.  Ran runs as planned.
3) Recover from 5 races in 4 weeks -- Tough, but hopefully done.  I will know more Sunday after my long run.  Legs were “tired” on longer easy runs this week.
4) Swim 3x -- Only swam once and then cut swimming from plan based on recommendations from Hanson Marathon Method book.
5) Yoga Class -- Too sore, did not want to push it (see #3)
6) No Thanksgiving pounds -- Big win.  Even avoided the dense calorie pumpkin pie (my favorite) despite huge family pressure to just “have it without (much/any) whipped cream.  Watched the one family member that really did not need it eat all three deserts in front of me and still stayed on goal.  Even avoided the evening “leftover” slip up.

No comments: