Saturday, November 24, 2012

Weight and Pacing

I am greatly pleased with my weight loss and the effect on my running performance.  I have lost 47# to put me at the lowest weight I have been in 23 years and over 25# lower than 2007 when I ran many of my previous personal records. Last weekend, I ran a 5 mile race at a 11:05 pace.  Using the McMillian Running Calculator, that projects to a time better than my PR in 5K, Half, and Marathon distances.  I really have not run any track work yet, and except for a few days when I could not slow down, all my running has been at an “easy” pace.  I also have a limited base, going from no running to 24 miles per week between mid July and now (4 months) with only 300 total miles.  I know I will have to increase my base for the attempt at my Half Marathon PR next spring and I will need to add speed work for continued time improvements, but I am pleased on the progress and looking forward to challenging myself further.  
Now, I am just hoping for no snow between now and 12/1 so I can see how my performance translates to a 5K race.  :)

No comments: