Saturday, November 24, 2012

Resting Heart Rate

Early October, I purchased a Mio Watch with built in heart rate monitor to better monitor my resting heart rate for logging in my training book. The recommendation is to take it first thing in the morning when you wake up, and not use an alarm to wake.  Well, I need an alarm and the dark room makes taking my HR impossible.  Although I am not consistent, I have been finding a time of “relaxation” before workout on many days to monitor and record my HR.  This is supposed to be helpful for recognizing when the body is not recovering like normal and adjust training plan to avoid overuse injuries.  

I am happy to report that my HR started (based on Mayo Clinic age charts), in the “Good” range (two steps above average) and has moved into the excellent range.  

No comments: